Speedo gage

     Paul asks:
     ...I'm wondering if I can install the guts of a mph gauge on a km/h
     gauge while getting an acurate reading.

     Paul, the answer is yes! The gage doesn't care, the only difference is
     the face. The gage is merely measuring deflection of the needle. If
     the angle is proportional to 25 MPH it is also proportional to 40 KPH.
     Ever see those gages that have both MPH and KPH on the face?
     The only real question is whether the metric and English gages are
     actually the same part; ie, do they deflect the same for a given
     speed? This I am unsure about. But, if you lay the metric and english
     faces over one another, the corresponding points should line up. The
     relationship is the conversion factor from KPH to MPH, or about 0.6
     MPH = 1 KPH. ie, 25 M  = 40 K, 50 = 80.
     len