164 pinging

Hello fellow Alfisti,

I'm having a problem with my 91 164L I'm getting pinging on hard
acceleration up hill etc.
I only use Chevron Supreme. The car also seems to have lost allot of low end
power. A mechanic
friend suggested that the timing may not be automatically adjusting. Does
this sound right and if
so what's a diagnosis/fix. I looked on the distributor and theirs no wires
except the plug wires.
So how is the timing advanced/retarded? any help?

Also I'm getting my GTV6 this week (-: Anyone have a good leather interior
for sale? or maybe
some used aftermarket front seats?

Thanks,

Curt Norheim