Milano "isostatic"shift linkage, M-B A Klasse spotted @ DCA

Greetings Alfisti!
	I had the pleasure of helping a friend take a limited slip transaxle
out of a Milano platinum parts car last night.1 1/2 hours start to
finish.Great design;and much needed practice for redoing Lazarus, my Alfetta
Velocissima later this week.The shift linkage assembly didn't go with the
transaxle he sold,said I was welcome to it for the Alfetta.I also got the
shifter,shift rod, etc out of the car as well...
        Question time, folks.Will the Milano shifter/linkage work in place of
the standard Alfetta linkage?Are the brakes a direct swap?They appear to be
the same brakes....My transaxle came sans clutch, brakes, input lever,etc.I
could easily use the alfetta parts,but if the milano linkage provides better
shifting and the brakes provide better stopping,I think it would be a pretty
sensible thing to do.The linkage looks like it will work with the Alfetta
box,Any advice/comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
	Also,for those interested,me and the missus spotted a Mercedes Benz A
klasse car today.The car was sitting inside the German Luftwaffe compound
parking lot at Dulles Airport in Washington DC.It was a red 5 door model (4
doors and a hatch) and had regular German license plates (not the state
dept.diplo plates issued here).My wife loved it;to me it looked like a Ford
Aspire on acid.And people think Italian cars look strange...........
    Thankful I drive Italian cars,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus, on the road again by the end of this week)