oil leak in 164

I got an oil leak that makes me quite uncomfortable, that makes my timing
covers wet from the inside.With the gigantic consequences that may result
from the timing slipping, i really want to get to the bottom of it.As i
cahnged the timing belt (had been upgraded to mech. thensioner before me),
there was oil everywhere in the area, under the plastic covers, but the belt
seemed to be dry.Since i have fixed cracked hose to return oil from oil vapor
separator, and got the powersteering pump area dry (it is just underneath
that hose), but this other leak....
I had readed somewhere how the plug used to plug the hole from the oil outlet
for the hydraulic tensioner could be leaking, and, at the time of timing belt
replacement, replaced that threaded plug with the one and the insulating
paste from IAP ( i didn't know what kind of thensioner the car may have in it
as i bought it, and had ordered the mechanical tensioner , just in case, with
the kit).
Now my question is : How big of a danger am i into?Any experience?
As far as timing belt corect tensioning procedure, i did it quite corectly,
even at the point to, where one day because without knowing i had the alarm
on, and the car wouldn't start, i started it by rolling in second gear
downhill (i wouldn't do this stunt again though..)
All answers appreciated.
Vlad
'91 164 L
Long Island