Re: alfa-digest V7 #679

owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Rodosta@domain.elided
 Subject: Alfetta vs GTV6 room question.

 I'm considering another Alfa as a work vehicle.  The Alfetta and GTV6 may
fit
 the task.  As a field maintenance engineer, storage for tools and parts
 require a little storage area.  The hatchback design would be versatile for
 this aspect.  Any opinion, or facts as to which would be better would be
 appreciated, before I begin my search.  Any original literature on cu ft
with
 the seat down? >>

Neither model is a true hatchback that you can slide big items into from the
back.  The gas charged strut that holds up the hatch is in the way, as is the
cover for the trunk.  I have disconnected the strut to put big items in the
back, though.  Also, the rear seats do not fold down.  The gas tank is right
behind them, so there would be no gain.  Speaking of gas tanks, the one on
the GTV-6 is bigger than the Alfetta's, so consequently the trunk is smaller.
 The Alfetta has a "pretty good size" trunk but because of the hatch strut
will not handle tall items.   Also, for some reason the Alfetta has more head
room in the rear seat.  Even though it's wheelbase is shorter--I didn't
realize the wheelbase difference until I parked my Alfetta and GTV-6 next to
each other.

	Bill