Towing

For what it's worth I went to U-Haul with a friends Toyota pickup in the
Peninsula of The San Francisco/San Jose Bayarea. I rented a flatbed and
drove to Stockton, CA about an hour and a half away. Loaded a GTV (by
myself save for the help of a ten year old to point it properly) onto
the flatbed trailer, buttoned her up and drove back with no problems. So
either U-Haul does things differently from site-to-site or the guys at
this shop didn't know any better.