spider cable pulls

Does anyone have a solution for the cable pull holders?  I know some of
you were going to reinforce the ones you have, but when I bought my car it
was not in the car.  The trunk and fuel release are just flopping around
in the area where the trim peice would be.  Has anyone made one with wood
or metal of some sort?  Please let me know because I cannot seem to locate
a used one and do not like the levers just sitting on the floor.
Thanks,
Chris
87 spider
Miami, FL