Engine Preservation Advice Sought

Alfisti,

the recent thread about starting up an engine which had sat neglected for many
years has prompted me to ask a related question.  I have totally stripped the
bodyshell of my GTV-6 in order to perform rust repair and repainting work.  It
looks like this is going to take me many months (if not years) to complete, and
in the meantime the engine is sitting in my garage. I removed it as a unit, so
it is not dismantled.  The engine was running well when the car was whole, so I
do not plan to do any significant work on it, other than the mandatory timing
belt/water pump/tensioner replacement which should be much easier while it is
out of the car.

Is there anything I can do to help keep the engine in good condition while it
waits for me to complete the bodywork?  Perhaps pull the plugs and squirt a
little oil in, maybe turn it over with a wrench every week or two?  The
crankcase is currently drained of oil, so maybe I ought to refill it first.
 All advice appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave J.
1982 GTV-6 (some assembly required)