pistons

Further to the the posting about getting higher compression pistons for
a 1600 engine, with one digester suggesting Venolia as a possible
source;  can anyone comment about the various piston manufacturers, the
differences in dome and lip design and the resulting influence on engine
output?

My question/interest stems from an impending lower end rebuild of my 2L
GTV engine.  While high compression is considered a great way to
increase horsepower, today's available fuels really do limit what one
can get away with in that respect.

So, are all 10.4:1 or all 10:1 pistons created equally?  As an example I
have heard anything from "Borgo is just great" to "Borgo's high round
dome splits the flame front and reduces power". Others like Venolia
favor a 'flat top' dome design, and I'm sure there are a few other
manufacturers with yet other differences still (including Alfa's own 2L
Motronic pistons).

I suppose anyone going from a stock and tired 9:1 bottom end is going to
be pleased with the results of a higher compression rebuild, but does
anyone have experience with a variety of the pistons available to be
able to compare/contrast between them?

Peter Kemos
Santa Cruz, CA