Ingnition being screwy

Ok, some more time surfaced to play with the 78 Spider and hopefully have it
running while summer is here.  The Dellortos are working out great but while
we were trying to wedge on the stock airbox we musta squished a wire
somwhere.  Next time we went to start, nothing, no spark.  A check of the
wires and a few squishes, we repaired them all.  Should note the car has an
older aftermarket electronic ignition so this may not be easy.  No spark when
you crank but as soon as you let off the key a single spark will jump
(testing at the coil wire) at first the ballast resistor was suspect, but it
was replaced to no avail.  A complete check of the ignition switch and it
appears to be good.  The current theory is that when the wire got squished it
grounded and shorted the ignition control box.  Willing to replace the whole
system with a new Crane XR700 from IAP but before I part with the money just
wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts...ever been in this situation?  Im
not much for parts swapping diagnostics when the parts cost that much so if
anyone can give me reassurance or other items to check first I would
appreciate it :)
	On another note my short excursion with Fiats ended today as I sold
the car, more money for the Alfa :)

Thanks All.
Jim
78 Alfa Spider
69 Austin Healy (race prepped autocross car)
87 Suburban (gotta have a tow vehicle)
85 Subaru (just sorta showed up, makes the other cars feel special)
Desperately wishing he could afford to add a Milano to the list