Poughkeepsie, N.Y. factory

"It was a 1913, 6 cylinder, 8 liter, American made Fiat. Forget what city
but the owner showed me the threshold plate which stated Turin / (US city).
It's build quality
appeared to be almost equal to say a Silver Ghost."

"It was Poughkeepsie, NY"

My first job as an architectural intern - in 1987 - was to document (produce
as-built drawings) a factory turned storage facility in Poughkeepsie.  Yep,
it was the FIAT factory, wonderful old industrial architecture - sawtooth
skylights, endcut lumber floors (herringbone pattern), railroad tracks to
inside of the building, and the wonderful smell of creosote - some 75 years
later.  There were also college extension courses held inside.  I still have
the drawings but I thought it was built in 1914 or so.  Could be wrong.

Matt Needham
'81 Spider Veloce
San Francisco, CA