Re: Alfa 6 info requested . . .

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:27:41 +0200
Chris <chris@domain.elided> wrote:
>I'm looking for info on the "Italian Rolls Royce", a.k.a. "Alfa 6"
>Info, as in: current value, brochures, tech specs, durability,
>availablility of parts etc.
>    Chris Piepers
>   The Netherlands

Odd coincidence!  My father bought an Alfa 6 new, it must have been '85 or
'86, when he was stationed in the Netherlands.  So it even might be from
the same import batch as the one offered to you.  He is still driving it
today (back in Italy now), it must have 200k+ miles on it.  As far as I
know it hasn't had any major mechanical problems, and has little rust
despite spending a lot of time in a very humid climate.  I think Alfa
really did some homework on the corrosion problem for the Alfa 6 because I
remember vividly that the dealer was very proud of the new "6 year
corrosion" guarantee that came with it (it was also very prominent in the
user manual).  Parts availability hasn't been a problem for my dad, but
then again the car is in Rome!  I'll try and post more info once I get a
chance to talk to him.