Re: Yellow Konis ? red Koni settings

I saw someone relating their fitment of Konis without adjustment. Forgive
me if this is not relevant.

I use a set of IAP springs and a set of red Konis in my Spider along with
adjustable upper control arms (originally the '78, now FrankenSpider).
When I originally fitted them, they were fitted as delivered out of the
box. Driving with them that way a couple of weeks, the front end felt too
mushy. I had the fronts' damping cranked up to about 3/4 of maximum and
left the rears as delivered. Caster is cranked up to max (about -2.4
degrees), about 1mm toe in, and about -1 deg camber. The steering and ride
are now excellent, with very occasional bottoming of the engine guard and
good bump compliance. Steering is sure and confident, cornering is
excellent.

What benefit do the Yellow Konis bring over the reds?

Godfrey