gtv-6 steering rack question.

Dear Brian,

I had the same problem on my 164S. When I was putting my new wheels on the
car I noticed that there was a lot of play side to side. I thought the lug
nuts were lose. I went ahead and replaced the wheelbearing and was
surprised that the problem was still there!  Further inspection showed
that the inner tie rod end was worn out, (under the boot), and allowed for
the excess play. Joel at Centerline was helpful enough to go through the
microfiche and find me the inner tie rod end.  Much cheaper than the
entire rack!!!  I'm not sure if the gtv-6 rack has a removable inner tie
rod end. Call Centerline and i'm sure Stevie or Joel can help you out.

Sandro Marcantonio
1988 Milano Verde
1991 164S
1987 Ducati 750 Paso.