Therm. Act. mess-up

Help! I just removed my thermo actuator to check if it works or not (it
doesn't) and upon replacing same, the thread on the 7mm nut holding the upper
portion to the intake manifold went out. The nut now just spins around  and
there is no way apparent to me in which I can remove same. Now the t.a. is
not tight in its socket and consequently antifreeze pours out when the motor
is running. The space is very tight and if the bolt gets trashed then that
means big trouble (meaning expensive!). I suppose the only method would be to
somehow immobilise the nut, buy/rent a Dremel and try and grind it down with
a small wheel, unless I can find one that fits an electric drill. Anyone have
any bright ideas, and also a good working thermo actuator for sale? (APE is
out of them). Or a temp. fix to stop the leakage until I can get another
t.a.? (double nut does not work).
Graham Arlen
74 GTV -temp. immobile
61 101 spider