164 hood release

Hi Graham
I spent 4 hours saturday cause got my hood stuck afther trying (successfully
at this time) to center and allign it.

you can reach the cable pretty easyly from underneath, especially on the left
side of the radiator and pull on it, with a pair of pliers.However that might
not be the end of the story.The depth of  entrance of the upper latches can
be adjusted.The less depth, the more spring-open energy.Also , those have to
be laterally alligned with their coresponding cavities on the radiator
support.You could have a problem with one of those being stuck, in which case
u need to get a long rod and reach from underneath, while pulling on the
cable and push the latch-rod out of it's latch-hole.

Good luck and keep confidence, you'll make it, and carefull not to make
outward dents on the hood..

Vlad
'91 164 L (now better alligned than new)
Long Island