Re: Giulia gear oil?

Put the GL-1 in the tranny and the GL-5 in the diff. If the tranny has been
rebuilt with modern synchros, or a late model gearbox has been fitted, then
you can use the GL-5 in both.

Here's a good question for the historians and those with a parts book
handy. When did the old style synchros that required the GL-1 oil stop
going into new cars? AFAIK, the only part that changed was the synchro
rings themselves. Looking at them, the old style ones have grooves, and the
new ones have a mottled surface with no grooves. I'm guessing the cutoff
date for the old ones was around 1969-1970.