Re: What's wrong with this 164?

> Subject: Re: What's wrong with this 164?
>
> Um...it's missing two cylinders?
> Is that what the TS engine looks like? I'd imagined the traditional
> DOHC Alfa 4 from days past...but that offset thing looks German or
> like the Volvo 4! Tell me it ain't so! (First Saab body pans and now
> Volvo-esque engines -- Alfa's caving in to the neighbors to the
> north.)

Actually the 164 TS Super still uses the Nord Alfa Twinspark motor from the 75 TS with the exception of the now larger displacement
(1995cc vs 1962cc) and steeper port angles. This is the better TS engine of the two. The older 164 TS which has 2 distributors has the
older 1962cc engine. But both are 100% alfa blocks and heads.  The one in Bill's photo is distributorless. Those things handle well.
Imagine how well the lumbering V6s handle and now take away close to 40kg from the nose. For an 8-valve engine, it pulls above 6000rpm
remarkably well! If you can turbocharge a 164 2.0 TS that would be cool! You would have a 230bhp boat that is very nimble. And the wheel
lug nuts are 4 X 98mm like the 155, 145, 146.

Zamani