Re: 156 Selespeed - Marelli?

I wouldn't worry too much about Marelli electronics. My experience with
recent Marelli electronics has been with the Weber-Marelli fuel injection
systems on Ducatis and Moto Guzzis ... while they've not always gotten the
ignition/injection maps 100% correct, they've had an exemplary record with
regard to reliability and quality control. Ducati's been using them on
the top end performance bikes for about 12 years now, Guzzi's been using
them for the past 8, and there have been very few failures of the
electronics, the most common failing is the one we're always familiar
with: corrosion on a sensor terminal, etc.

I find that the current generation Italian electronics are as good as
anyone's.

Godfrey