Re: Cheap anti-theft devices

Hi there,

I couple of years ago I posted a cheap alternative to an anti-theft
switch, simply wire your cigarette lighter so that it grounds the coil
when pushed in.  I don't think many potential car thieves would think to
look at the lighter as the cause of a no start car.  Also has the added
bonus of detering people from smoking in you car (if you're that way
inclined), but as pointed out stops you from plugging in that radar
detector, which are illegal here so who cares.

Having sasid all this I still put a car alarm in my 164 about a week
after I took possesion of it, for two reasons.  Firstly it lowers the
insurance premium.  Second I can open the door locks/boot without using
the keys (saves paint on dark colours).  Has the added bonus of being
able to lock keys in car now.

Cheers
Stuart