spica pump running rich

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:32:26 +0200, Jon Durham <durha01@domain.elided> wrote:

"The fuel mixture on my 74 Alfa is too rich....plugs foul out and become
very sooty after a few hundred miles. I had Wes Ingram rebuild it so I'm
a little confused as to why it's runnung too rich. Unfortunately, I live
in Germany and no one knows how to work on the SPICA so I must do it
myself. What can be causing the rich fuel mixture and how can I cure it?"

Have you checked your barometric pressure sensor on the spica pump? I wonder
if it was set to the correct atmospheric pressure for your geographic
location. Pick up a spica manual and check that section out.  It is located
on top of the pump and easy to get at.  It's proper adjustment is important
for the correct mixture.  Let me know how you make out