Re: alfa-digest V7 #646

In a message dated 4/16/99 9:14:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< At what RPM range should 86 Spiders be driven?
      On city streets?
      On highways?
      What are the downsides of flooring it? >>
#1 rule is to take it easy on the engine until all the way up to normal
temperature.  By this I mean not lugging it, and not flooring it, either.
After that run it as hard as you want.  I prefer shifting my Alfetta at 4500
rpm for normal shifts, and my Giulietta at 5000 rpm. The Milano Verde I shift
about 3500 rpm because it is a different kind of engine (more low end torque).

	Bill