locking spiders

I had my 71 spider in Big Bad Los Angeles for 14 years and I never locked it
and it was never stolen.

However, once someone crawled in during the dead of night in Hollywood and
jimmied open the locked glove box (I always thought looking for a gun, but
that's just the romantic in me) doing some damage and once when parked on a
street at night with the top up (we DO have weather sometimes) some jerk
decided to break into the car by prying the chromed metal trim off the pillar
next to one of the wind wings and inserting an object to "force" it open in
order to reach the inside door handle.  This, despite the fact that the glue
holding on the wind wing latch had long since given up the ghost and fallen
off and the door itself was unlocked!  Thief had probably been through some
kind of job-training program and didn't even think to see if the car was open
before applying damaging force.  But then I doubt there is a still entrance
requirement for the Car Thieves Union.

Of course, inside there was nothing to steal.

Charlie

LA, CA, USA