Re: Carb'd Spider

The needle valves in the Webers moderate the flow...a single line to
them is just fine. You can leave the under-car filter in place, but I
would replace as much of that plumbing as possible -- perhaps with
tubing and a minimum of rubber parts. This would leave less to go
wrong under there.

On my converted Spider I used one of the solid-state 'ticky' pumps and
an adjustable low-pressure regulator. The pump was relatively silent
except when flow was very high...usually when starting after sitting
for a while (filling the bowls) or when something was wrong. All in
all, it provided good audible feedback. I once had a leak near the
carbs and the pump sound clued me in straight away.

I'm thinking one of those glass, replaceable-element filters for low
pressure applications would be an excellent choice of filters. The
idea of being able to SEE the results of a bad tank of gas would be a
great troubleshooting aid. Mount the whole arrangement (filter, pump,
regulator) on the firewall and you'd make fuel system troubleshooting
quite easy on yourself.

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL
1983 GTV6 'Felicite' -- running awesomely in open loop, burning away
her cat with every mile
in times past: 1988 Milano Platino, 1979 Spider Veloce