Re: 105 plumbing

>Does anyone know if the heater hose bypass is needed for other than fast
>warmups? or will it allow more time for the water to cool in the radiator?
>or better heat distribution in the engine?
> Roy in NJ

Circulation of coolant in the engine is essential to maintain proper
temperature distribution in the various parts of the engine. When the
thremostat is closed, blocking flow through the radiator, and the heater
valve is closed, blocking flow through the heater core, this bypass is the
only available path for such circulation to pass through.

Please do not get me started on the business of slowing flow down through
the radiator! Let's just say that a higher rate of coolant flow through a
radiator will ALWAYS result in more total transfer of heat per unit time
out of the radiator, even though the temperature drop of the fluid going
through the radiator will not be as great as it is at a lower rate of flow!

Regards, Greg