RE: alfa-digest V7 #639

Top boots:
>>Prices range from US$129 to US$475.  The cheap one has twelve clips that
go
>>all around the cover, while the expensive one has only two big clips.

If you have a Veloce, you want the "two big clips."  The "Veloce" boot
attaches via the big clips behind the roof on your car (you should have two
silver knobs there).  The "12 snaps" are for the Graduate model; I'm not
sure how they attach exactly, but I imagine you probably don't have 12 snaps
around the top's base on your car.  The Graduates do.

Interestingly, the veloce boot actually spans the area behind the seats,
forming an enclosure about 1.5 feet high, and has a zipper in front between
the seats that allows you to get into the compartment without removing the
boot.  The Graduate (12 clip) top is pretty much flush around the folded
down top, and leaves the back area uncovered.  IMHO, the Veloce top is
cooler cause it runs flush to the top of the seats.  $350 cooler, I'm not so
sure.

Hope this helps.
dan hagrman (in KC, USA)