Re: alfa-digest V7 #635

In a message dated 4/13/99 4:17:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Just replaced the cap, rotor and plugs. The plugs turned out to be more of
 a challenge than anticipated due to the near equal inside diameter of the
 access tubes and the outside diameter of my plug socket >>

Do yourself a favor and buy another plug socket.  I have a couple a they both
fit the access tubes perfectly to place or remove the plugs easily.  As for
timing, on a 2.5 liter and a 3.0 liter I have played around with advancing
the timing, but found the factory setting best.  As for the "ticky" valves,
I've had just 2 of the V-6s, but both had very little valvetrain noise.  I
suspect the valves are set loose.

						Bill