TI rear axle height

Re Richard's Giulia TI rear axle measurement:

Last night I measured the distance on my 1967 Super from the rubber axle
bump stop to the top part of the axle that's supposed to hit the bump stop,
and with 1/4 tank of gas and nothing in the trunk, the distance is about 3
1/2 inches.  I looked in my shop manual last night, and it shows the same
much smaller numbers Richard mentioned, and doesn't say anything about
to disconnect the shocks and load 310 pounds in the car for a two-seater or
620 for a four-seater.  That, plus the weight of the engine, trans (at least
300 pounds more), and everything else that isn't on his car at the moment,
ought to make quite a difference.  I'd leave it as is and reset it, if
necessary, after everything else is installed.

Andrew Watry