saggy Milano headliners, Lazarus rising soon, Sure start suppliers---

Greeting Alfisti!
       First, to Chip on  saggy milano headliners.The headliner on Alfie , my
87 Milano gold did the same thing.I received several quotes on replacing the
headliner, the price range for a new one is $125-$135.Essentially, The milano
headliner material is 8 ounce weight  backed by a sort of foam backing,which
is then glued to the backing board.You could do it yourself by removing the
headliner from the car, pulling off the material from the board;scraping the
foam off the back of the cloth, and then regluing the material to the board
spraying 3M trim adhesive VERY LIGHTLY to the board (if you spray heavy coats
of glue you'll have glue soaking through the cloth which won't look too
good.).Or, you could do as me and the missus did with ours, by placing
strategically placed thumbtacks through the board where it sags.(We call it
our "starry night" headliner.)It's quick, cheap and if you get thumbtacks
with brown heads on them, it's hardly noticeable.....................
      On Lazarus, my 79 Alfetta velocissima with the frozen gearbox;it will
be on the road hopefully next weekend.Located a gearbox from APE in Ca for
$200, used but tested and working.They have 3 more if anybody needs them.I'm
going to probably rebuild the old one (First gearbox rebuild, looking forward
to it).More importantly, they might have some VELOCISSIMA specific parts
(read:front fender flares.Yipee!)Velocissima owners (Allen!) take note.
      On a related note, does anyone have a Shankle sure start they might
want to get rid of.Tried to order one from AR______,but was told that my
credit card number and phone number were bad(interesting, since I used a
check card with money in the bank and specifically gave them the new number
in two seperate phone conversations.Writing off one Alfa parts
supplier.......)I know someone had one recently for sale ( thomas Baumen?)If
it's still for sale please contact me off digest.AlfaBill, do you sell these?
Dying to get Lazarus on the road before the Carlisle import car show,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus,soon to be terrorizing a highway near you)