Re: alfa-digest V7 #630

In a message dated 4/10/99 2:09:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

>  The fan never kicks in during these temperature
>  "creep" periods.
>  Plus, I'm losing coolant (which I believe is attributable to a cracked
>  reservoir bottle).
>  Any thoughts? Bum fan switch, bad thermostat? Bad karma?

If the fan is not kicking in, check the thermostatic fan switch.  I would
have to check my archive but another poster provided the part number of a VW
fan switch that lowered the kick in temps considerably which should help.  I
will be adding one of these as soon as my "new" 93 164L arrives here in so.
Texas.

Jerry in houston