Milano hard shifting

Car has a problem.....
When I'm stopped at stoplight or something, and the car is in neutral
with my foot off the clutch, then go to put it in gear, it wont go in.
Especially when it's cold! I tried pushing on it hard once, but it still
wouldn't go in. The only way to get it in gear would be to roll the car
forward a bit. So now I've just been sliding it into 1st as the cat
rolls to a stop. Is the clutch not disengaging all the way? My guess
would be maybe the clutch slave cylinder. Any ideas? It's not so bad
when the car is warmed up, and if it does do it I can usually move the
shifter through the other gears a couple times and it will eventually go
in (doesn't work too well when you're at a stoplight and it's green with
people waiting behind you!)
Also, If the car is sitting idling in neutral with my foot off the
clutch there is a rattling and vibration from the rear/underside but it
goes away as soon a the clutch pedal is depressed. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance for all of your help!

   -Chip Mutza
89 Milano Gold
San Diego, CA