Alfetta Front Brake Conversion (Much Aussie Content).

Hi,

This question is probably more appropriately directed towards the
Australian members of the digest, so the non-Aussie members might want
to quickly scroll down the page. Or read on out of curiosity...:-}

Anyway, I recently came across an add for an ex-race Alfetta for sale,
that stated it had the front brake rotors and calipers replaced with
those of a Holden VN Commodore (Aussie equivalent to a Chevy family
sedan, for all US digesters). As I am considering doing a ventilated
front brake conversion on my Alfetta, this really got my attention,
especially given that performance rotors are readily available here and
cost a reasonable amount of money (unlike Alfa one's :-(. Before I go
out and start comparing disks and calipers, does anyone know what is
involved in this conversion? Of Course I could just go out and fit GTV6
brakes, and no doubt the alloy Brembo calipers are much better than the
Girling calipers that are standard on the Commodore, but the idea of
being able to source brake parts at the local Repco really appeals to
me...

Sasha.

Sasha Nackovski- snackov@domain.elided