Re: DIY elecroplating

>  Subject: DIY elecroplating
>
>  Hi folks,
>
>  Is anyone out there doing their own electroplating of car parts?   I
>  remember a few years back there was mention of a DIY electroplating kit
>  on this digest.   I am mainly interested in electroplating parts for
>  corrosion resistance (nickel or zinc?).   What type of plating is the
>  yellowish plating often seen on Alfa parts ?
>
>  Would a automotive battery charger be a suitable power supply source for
>  electroplating?    Any leads appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Joe Chan,
>  Melbourne, Australia

Here's a site I think I got off this list awhile ago for 'at home powder
coating'.  I've never tried it and the usual disclaimers apply.  Not exactly
electroplating but...
http://www.eastwoodco.com/

Seeing you're in Australia check out High Performance Coatings at:
http://www.hpcoatings.com/
Not do it yourself but I have used these guys and I recommend them.

Regards,

Frank Formeister