Coolant - SUVs- Used parts in Italy

There are things that no book will print and that only experience
passed from others can provide. In this case it relates to purging a cooling
system on a Spica equipped 115.

We all know about opening the purge screw on top of the water pump and
the one on top of the intake manifold, filling with the 50/50
water-coolant solution until coolant comes out of the water pump purge
screw (at which point it gets tightened) and continue filling until it
comes up through the intake manifold purge screw.
The question is about to what comes next: the service manuals speak of
letting the car idle until the air is purged and then tightening the
purge screw.

I, for one, have not figured out how long that idling period should be
because every time I do that, coolant splashes all around the engine
and I turn off the engine after just a few seconds.

So, what I'm looking for is (1) confirmation that the coolant splash is
normal and to be expected and (2) an indication as to approx. how long
should the engine idle before the air is expelled.

Not to stir up more controversy on the issue of SUVs, but more for the
pure humour of it, let me post the url for a Dave Berry article
printed last week in the San Jose Mercury News.

http://www.mercurycenter.com/columnists/barry/docs/db032199.htm

I'm gonna be spending a few days in northern Italy this June and I was
wondering if anyone could tell we what would be a good source of used or new
105480320001 camshafts over there. What prices should I expect to see? Is it
even worth looking for it over there instead of buying States'side?

Thanks for the feedback. Later,

Seb.
Santa Clara, CA