Re: 164L Auto

<<<<<
Howard K. Warren wrote:

> There is nothing wrong whatsoever with a 164 automatic.

> ...stuff deleted....,

> take the car for what it is: a large, luxury sedan.  It's not meant to
> autocross, it's not a racecar (as most
> other Alfas are or can be.)  The 164 is the equivalent of a BMW 700
series,
> not a Z3.

I look forward to trying the 164LS sport mode automatic on the auto-x
course.
The extra 29 horsepower and better gearing (that's a seat of the pants
judegement) should make should make it come off the line faster than the
164L.

Bringing it to Eureka Springs this fall?  Pat and I are already arguing
over which car to take, the 164L or the GTV6.  If we take the GTV-6, I'm
going to auto-x for the first time.  Pat wants to show off her car, of
course <g>.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 156k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 53k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles (new brakes in 3 days!)