Re: Brembo caliper rebuild kits

j.h.bouma@domain.elided writes:

<< Dismantling the calipers showed that the outboard piston in the left
 caliper had rotated through 180 degrees, causing the pad to wear unevenly
 and also causing the creaking noise. >>

Jaap,
Are you sure the piston rotated? I had the same symptoms with my Milano and
it turned out that the pads had worn to the point that the retaining spring
was keeping the pads from contacting in the front. The front of the pads were
held apart and this caused accelerated wear on the inside of the pad. The
creaking was the metal retaining spring being flexed.

John Katos
87 Milano Platinum