RE: GTV Buzzing, Cooling fan run on

Here's a shot in the dark on that buzzing: wasn't 1974 the year of the
draconian seat belt laws? Cars in the US were required to be fitted
with systems that would prevent the car from driving/starting when the
seatbelt was not fastened...perhaps this is related.

Fan run-on: I've often wondered the same. But those crafty German
engineers have had their VW's doing that for many years and I assume
those uber-engineers have a good reason. I'd take it on faith that
it's healthy for the car. (I'm half tempted to re-wire my GTV6 to use
battery rather than ignition power for my fans.)

- - Eric H., Clearwater, FL
1983 GTV6 'Felicite' who needs a new thermostat (she's running at
140-150 degrees -- too cold to run right...spit, spit)

End of alfa-digest V7 #613