Cams/street driving

>As I said earlier, driving an Alfa with Cams, Webers and a chopped flywheel
is both a joy and a job on the street.

My 2130 lb. 1600 GTV has 101 Veloce cams (245 deg duration), stock webers,
and a flywheel that was taken down from it's stock weight of 24 lbs down to
14 lbs, including ring gear.  Getting away from stoplights has in no way
suffered at all.  The car is a dream to drive on the street, then again, the
mechanical clutch arrangement may contribute a bit to that.  I've found
juice clutchs to be more abrupt.  Webers have superior very-low rpm response
compared to the SPICA cars, that helps as well (IMHO).

Steve S.
Seattle, WA - nothing but traffic driving here
http://www.luxline.com/turner

End of alfa-digest V7 #612