query to all

As I mentioned in my last post, I am headed to KC this June and look
forward to meeting some of you in person at the "digest mixer."

Those of you who know me, know that I like to "do" stuff that promotes
the marque, AROC, and the digest.- evidence, sales of the NWARC calendar,
my position as chapter membership chair, and suggesting the NWARC donate
$100 to the Weltyfund.  I have another idea that I would like to bounce
off folks here, and, depending on the reaction, carry out.

I would like to produce a baseball hat that would show both our
affiliation with the digest, and our attraction to the Alfa Romeo marque.
 I think I can have these produced at a reasonable cost and would like to
bring a number of them to KC to "distribute."  The mixer would provide an
excellent opportunity to do that.  I don't want to get into this thing
over my head financially, but would like to have some idea of how many of
these things I could "distribute."  My proposal would be that any
"profit" made, would be sent directly to Richard, since AlfaBill has
indicated that the Weltyfund bank account is closing.

How about it?  Any interest?  These could be mailed too, so you would not
have to attend the convention to obtain one.  I have no idea how postage,
handling, or even embroidery costs would impact the sales, but this is
merely a feeler, to get some idea of how many I should think about having
produced.

Please respond off-digest, as I hope there is some real interest in this,
and I don't want to clutter the digest.  TIA for your interest.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
Bothell (Daffodils and Showers)  Washington

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]