Pulley nut torque

     Bruce wrote:
     I'm quite familiar with the 2x4 method of removing the front pulley
     nut to get the front pulley off so that the water pump can be removed.
     snip>>>>
        Once the nut is off, just how do I torque it back on?  And at what
     value?

        Bruce:
     It is just as easy to get it torqued back on as it was to get it off:
     1. Place the 2 x 4 (tubafor) on the OPPOSITE fender from the removal
     side.
     2. Rewire your starter to run backwards.
     3. Place your socket and breaker bar on the nut
     4. Hit the starter a few times so the wrench flies into the tubafor.
     5. The Torque value will be exactly the same as that used to remove
     the nut! (If you hit the starter the same number of times, and for the
     same duration, of course.)
     Remember, it's early April!
     Len ;*)

End of alfa-digest V7 #608