Modifying Alfas

Well I can't speak for all of us, but some of the parts we used to modify
our cars are from Euro or Sports models. For example, for the 3.0 V6 you
can either use the SZ cams or the 164S cams. On a 2.5 V6 you can use a 3.0
V6 sway bar to improve handling. And maybe even using SZ headers and cat
for the V6 cars. It's more like making a normal BMW into an M BMW instead
of doing a Honda/Acura type mod. Most Alfas are tastefully modified IMHO.
We don't lower our cars so that it scrapes the road all day long, or use
garbage can size exhaust tail pipe. I think my Milano responds really well
towards some minor tweaks here and there.
Then there are the newer Alfas like the late model 155/156 etc. Now those
are cars that you hardly need to modify at all. Some of them come lowered
from the factory, have stainless steel headers, 16" wheels, quicker
steering racks etc. Even the 155 2.5 V6 came with 10:1 pistons as opposed
to 9:1 pistons on the Milano and GTV6. These cars are simply fantastic.
They sound great, look cool, handle well, very easy to drive  and are
pretty damn reliable. FWD, RWD whatever, I think the newer FWD Alfas are
simply fantastic! They have really come a long way and Alfa is arguably
the best European FWD car maker today. I think I can make my 155 go faster
around Laguna Seca than my 3.0 Milano Gold. 8-)

Zamani