AROC members

Greetings Digesters,

I half paid attention to a posting about AROC members
and it seemed to say that they were not the greatest
group of folks.

I belong to the AROC. I also belong to the BMW CCA and
the MBCA. I have not mingled a lot with all 3 clubs, so
my comments are based on what I have seen so far.

The St. Louis chapter of the AROC has a LOT of nice
folks. The newsletter is informative, the web site a
treasure, the social events pleasent and the tech help
is outstanding.

I have a '74 spider which has had no end of problems.
When I post questions here I get quick answers. When I
call Fred D. I get detailed answers. When I asked Rich
Hirsch from the St. Louis chapter about problems, like
as not he either wants to see my car there or shows up
at my door with tools in hand wanting to see my car. He
feely gives his time and experience without a thought.
You can't find nicer folks!

All clubs have good people and bad, and clubs are not
for everyone. Your experience may not have been a good
one, but my experience has been great! I support the
club. Even if national should be less than perfect, my
dues help make the chapter exist. That is worth a lot
to me.

My '74 is getting into shape now. The SPICA has been
replaced and I am beginning to finish the small things
left to do on the motor. I expect it will be running
very strong as soon as IAP ships me some small parts. I
am going to finish the body work in stages through the
summer. In short, it is ready for my wife to enjoy the
thrill of driving an Alfa spider. This would not have
been possible with out a long list of helpful folks.

Thanks to you all digesters, AROc tech folks and Mr.
Hirsch from the St. Louis Chapter.

Regards,

J.K. Chapman

'91 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 (wife's car)
'74 Alfa Spider (wife's car)
'85 BMW 318i (since it now has a radio, wife is
considering it for her car)
Bi-State Transit (my form of transportation)