GTV Clutch "problem" and recommendation

When I put the refreshed engine and trans in my '74 gtv last Spring, I
cheaped out and installed the used clutch and pressure plate.  The clutch
disc was in spec regarding thickness.

While it hooks up fine, after the car is warm, I can get it to slip when
shifting from 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5 at ~6500 rpm, or so.

What is strange is that it does not slip when cold.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking
that the pressure plate is toast, but before I put a new clutch assy in, I'd
like to see if anyone has any insights.  Fred?

FWIW, there are no visible fluid leaks; the clutch slave is bled; the pedal
is adjusted level with the brake.  Take-off is a little abrupt, however,
compared to the way it was/should be.  There is also a little chatter from
it.

On a related note, should I stick with the stock F&S or Valeo clutch or is
there something "better" out there.  The car is now basically a toy, which
means it gets driven hard, then put in the garage.  It will be time trialed
and possibly autocrossed occasionally.  Engine is stock with 105/48 cams.  I
would not consider it to be "hot."

Thanks,

Bob Brady, DVAROC