re: checking trans oil on a spider

>How can I check the trans oil level on my spider without tilting
>it? The only way I would know how is by putting it on a lift, but
>I'm one of those cheapos who didn't feel like installing a lift
>in the garage.

Use a hydraulic jack, two jack stands and 2 of those drive-on ramps. With
a friend to help you, drive the front wheels up onto the ramps. Then pick
the back end up with the jack under the differential and rest the rear
jacking points onto the jack stands. That should get the chassis up about
20" off the ground and level. Still not much fun but you can work on the
undercarriage then.

A lift is so handy when working on cars... ;)

Godfrey