alfa-digest V7 #596

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>Well, well... Having towed the berlina home, I got it started and runnin=
g.
Recently, I found a second hand water pump so Saturday I tried to fit it.=
took everything off, but when it came time to pull it off, I noticed that=

there was no way it would come off with the crank pulley in the way. Afte=
ringing all around town for a 36mm socket, I tried to undo the nut. No
luck. I even chained the car to another car so it couldn't move back
further, but still the nut would not budge. Penetrating oil did not help.=

Any suggestions?<

Pull two of the studs and you don't have to touch the crankshaft pulley. =
can't remember which two but it should be obvious.
Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company, Swansea, U.K.