Re: alfa-digest V7 #597-re spider tires-more ideas

At 10:46 PM 3/29/99 -0500, you wrote:

>alfa-digest           Monday, March 29 1999           Volume 07 : Number 597
>Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:05:38 -0800
>From: Christopher Keen <ckeen@domain.elided>
>Subject: spider tires
>
>Hi Brian,
>The tires I've liked the most for my '77 spider are the Dunlop D60 A2 ($49).
>They had really good traction in the dry, and did not howl around turns like
>my current Continental CH90s do. I know you asked about Pirellis, and I see
>Discount Tire Direct (http://www.tires.com) has P6000 Sport Veloces at $55,
>but I have no experience with them. P600s (if you can still find them) are
>probably not worthwhile, being kind of old-tech - my dad had them on his '86
>Saab as original equipment.
>The size I use is P195/60 HR 14 - I was told that anything bigger would
>occasionally rub on the fender. I believe the next size down to maintain the
>correct wheel/tire diameter would be 185/70-14.
>Good luck
>Chris Keen
>'77 spider

yes and D60 A2s are available in 195/65-14; good for 5.5 stock rims and as
close as 185/70s are to the original radius of the 165s. I have a new set
of the 2nd generation D60 A2 JLB (speakers?? woofers?????) ;) anyway I like
'em for the street and they are only 53 at tire rack, 56 at Discount tire.
Felix Schmidt alfakats@domain.elided
Jean Skeels serenitymassage@domain.elided