Re:GTV Tire Size

>What is the stock tire size for a 71 GTV?  I have a set of 60 series on the
>car now, but they throw the speedo off.  I want to be able to take the car on
>the interstate a little more comfortably.  Thanks in advance.

The stock tyre size changed from the early GTV to the later ones. The 69-70
GTVs came out with 165 x 14 Pirelli CF67, Michelin XAS or similar but for
the 1971 updated model,  Alfa made a change to what was then a "low
profile" tyre the 185-70 x 14. Your car would have had this size as original.

You can still retail the same rolling radius as the 185-70 x14 and still
have the advantages of a 60-series tyre by selecting the correct substitute
size which in this case is 205-60 x 14. These work better on rim widths of
6 inch or wider; 5 and 1/2 inch is just a bit too skinny and makes the tyre
squirm all over the place.

Les in Wellington, NZ
Enjoying the GTV in beautiful summery conditions...........

End of alfa-digest V7 #596