Errors, octane, and Never Seize

As opposed to previous rants, tonight I'll be brief.

First thing pertains to the Digest: I've noticed quite a few
postings lately answering questions that weren't asked or
responding to things that weren't written. I encourage
everyone to please read closely the posts to which you're
responding. It's hard to keep up sometimes when the post
you're replying to is part of a longer thread, but try to
have your 'facts' in order.

High Octane: Our international friends use a different
octane rating method than do domestic Alfisti. The numbers
are a couple notches higher on their scale. From what I
recall from my time in Germany, our 93 equates to 97 or 98.
Also, some parts of the US just don't seem to carry higher
octane gas...I have no idea why. Here in Florida premium
fuels from one of the Seven Sisters is rated 93. Your
mileage may vary.

<< From: "Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided> >>
<< Subject: tip of the week, lug nut update >>

<< here's my tip of the week - never seize.  get some and
use it.>>

Amen to that, Brian. I put it on just about everything
during re-assembly. Even if you may not be the next person
to un-bolt it, someone might have to do it and a little of
that silver stuff reduces a big headache down the road.

- - Eric H. (Clearwater, FL)
1983 GTV6 'Felicite' -- in the middle of having her Giubos
replaced
1982 GTV6 -- sitting on the grass watching