discount converter on milano

Discount Converters shows a catalytic converter for an "86-88 GTV6" on their web page:
 http://www.discountconverter.com
Of course the salesman didn't know what car this was really for, so I took a chance and
ordered one for my '87 Milano. At only $165, it was hard to pass up. The fit was a little
off, but overall, I was pleased with the product. I had to make two modifications:
- - the input pipes were about 1/4 inch too close together. I used a jack to spread them
- - the connector flange to the header had bolt holes which were too far apart. I had to file
  the inside to allow the header bolts to fit
With these changes, the converter fit fine. A couple cons vs. the stock unit:
- - the input pipe is not offset to the side to allow access to the front donut
- - there is no hangar connection to the rear engine mount. It depends on the hangars for the
  center muffler.
And the Pros:
- - The unit is significantly lighter than stock
- - The O2 sensor is easier to access
- - bargain price
My car definitely now has a "openned up" sound. Also feels a little stronger.
- --
Colin Verrilli           <verrilli@domain.elided>        IBM Raleigh, NC