Re: alfa-digest V7 #592-Bum TA, not enough money,yada,yada,yada

At 08:31 PM 3/27/99 -0500, you wrote:

>alfa-digest          Saturday, March 27 1999          Volume 07 : Number 592
>Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 02:44:11 EST
>From: JThw8@domain.elided
>Subject: Frustrations with the spider
>
>well my cries for help on the 78 spider are not producing any results....I
>appreciate all those who referenced certian books and manuals...many of which
>I already have.  but none the less I am still short one thermostatic
>actuator...and not willing to pay the 220 for a rebuilt without being
positive
>that is my problem....all things considered I would just as soon find a good
>deal on a used weber setup and be done with it...barring that, for
>considerably less than the cost of a new weber setup or a new SPICA fuel pump
>I am tempted to toss in a rotary or the 350 chevy I had set aside for my XJ6
>project....the cost is just too extensive on fuel injection parts I prefer a
>car I can drive and enjoy...not one which requires the considreable cash
>outlay I am facing to "maintain" this alfa....so, someone please stop
> blah blah blah
>
>Jim-find yourself the closest club and get their recommendation for the
best mechanic and get the car set to spec-then, if it's the TA, my March 99
ALFA OWNER has an ad for a guy selling a rebuilt for 142 US /exchange.They
also list a guy who will do yours w/ no guarentee on the tube for 115US. if
that's too much, you might need to dump the car-tho I'd think you were too
hasty-give the car a shot; a buick low-rider, sheesh!-- I don't know if you
appreciate that little mis-treated jewel.   $142-- Perf. Instrumentation,
Anacortes,WA no #, let your fingers do the walking---$115--Robin Hoeven,San
Pedro,CA-310-918-7322
Felix
69 GTV
72 Berlina